Thursday, January 20, 2011

Maternity Pants That Stay Up!

As promised, I paid a visit to A Pea in the Pod while holiday shopping, and I am happy to report that Heidi Klum's line of maternity clothing is as practical as it is beautiful. I bought the black evening dress pictured in my last blog post, as well as a pair of denim leggings from her line. I have never worn skinny jeans before, but these are flattering and comfortable—the fabric is very stretchy. What's even better about the jeans is that unlike every single other pair of maternity jeans I own, they actually stay up! This is accomplished, I think, by three features: the stretchiness and fit of the leggings, the contour of the waistband, and the extra strip of carefully contoured elastic sewn onto the inside of the jeans. It's nice not to have to face the alternative of either hiking up my jeans every few minutes (even the "secret belly" pants require constant adjustments) or having a case of plumber's bum. These should be featured on History Channel's "Engineering Marvels" series, as far as I'm concerned! :-)

The only downside is that her clothing is a bit pricey, so you may want to check out the sale rack (where I found my leggings!), or see if you can find gently used pieces on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment